Operational Efficiency is the optimization of production processes and services, so that it directly impacts the results of the company. Its goal is to offer better products and services with a low cost and good process performance.
Increasing operational efficiency should be a primary objective of any organization, and it requires an action plan that allows identifying weaknesses, improvement opportunities, and solutions to problems, enabling in this way an accurate decision making.
To achieve this objective, it is essential to adopt a technology that allows significant changes in the company, and to achieve more agile, productive, and efficient human teams and departments.
It is therefore necessary to implement process automation in all areas of the company, in order to provide the tools that facilitate performing tasks quickly and easily, as well as maintaining a clear and thorough view of the processes.
By incorporating these new technological systems, it is possible for both employees and managers to maintain the focus on more productive and essential activities for the operation of the company, avoiding dispersion of efforts.
That said, we present 5 keys to increase the operational efficiency of the business using technology:
- Automate processes and integrate systems. Digitization facilitates the management of operations and optimizes processes; while integration eliminates rework, duplication of tasks, and allows for better responsiveness with the same available resources.
- Promote collaboration and teamwork. New technologies enable effective communication among all members of the human team involved, through applications and platforms that allow them to stay connected in real time, from wherever they are, thus motivating and enhancing collaborative work, with the same focus and orientation.
- Grant full and timely access to information. Technological platforms and applications that store data in the cloud guarantee that the entire work team has access to the same information easily and immediately, from wherever they are, allowing to streamline processes, identify risks and find solutions in a timely manner.
- Eliminate waste and unproductive tasks. Technology, in addition to eliminating the need for physically moving to gather information, manages tasks, publishes them, and shares results among the work team, facilitating their completion in an agile and fast way. Thus, worthless activities are eliminated and the time is used in others of greater productivity, as well as in better quality of life of those involved.
- Take advantage of mobile device technology. Mobile technology is today essential in business management because it allows instant communication between the members of the work team, allowing to streamline operations and complete projects quickly, avoiding many times the transfer of personnel and equipment.
Certainly, today more than ever, technology is part of our lives in every area, and it is advancing at a dizzying pace. For this reason, we must be prepared to understand it, adopt it, and take advantage of all its advantages for our benefit. The optimal use of new technologies is already unavoidable to increase the operational efficiency of the company, be it small, medium or large, in any industry or sector, and thus to achieving better results.
Business Control Hub offers support to its clients throughout the digital transformation process of their businesses, necessary to achieve the objective of increasing their operational efficiency, by incorporating business application technology in a “low code” platform, based on a secure cloud.